The Bolduc house, a National Historic Landmark, was built in the 1770’s by Vital Beauvais on Le Grand Champ, and was moved to its present site after the 1785 flood (and then added to).  It is regarded as the first, most authentically restored Creole house in the nation.  It has earned the respect of architectural historians everywhere.  Accurately restored with the original 18th century furnishings, stockade fence, frontier kitchen, living quarters, 18th century culinary and medicinal herb gardens and grape arbor.  Bolduc unquestionably the best-known house in the Middle Mississippi River Valley is open April – November.  Admission includes house and garden tours.  Cook houseRead More →

 This house built in 1818, was the home of Felix and Odile Pratte Valle, members of Ste. Genevieve’s premier colonial families.  This important Federal-style limestone building features the authentically restocked mercantile store of the historic trading firm of Menard & Valle.  The family’s living quarters display beautiful early Empire furnishings with original mantels and interior trim.  Back porch staircase leads to second floor bedrooms.  Charming garden has original brick and frame outbuildings.  Open 10am – 4pm Monday through Saturday and 12pm-5pm on Sunday; Admission is charged. Located at Merchant and 2nd Sts. Owned and operated by the State of Missouri.Read More →

The Maison Guibourd-Valle house was built about 1785 by a pioneer French settler.  Handsomely restored, it is the most elegantly furnished museum house in town.  The attic with Norman truss and hand-hewn oak beams secured by wooden pegs features changing exhibits and dried herb display.  Beautiful courtyard and rose garden contain an old stone well.  Costumed tour guides.  Open to public: 10am-5pm (April – October) and 12pm-4pm (November – December);  Open January through March for special events & tours only; admission is charged. Located at 4th & Merchant Sts. Owned and operated by the Foundation for Restoration of Ste. GenevieveRead More →

The museum contains varied collections of local memorabilia.  items of interest include: prehistoric and historic Indian relics, old documents and Spanish land grants, artifacts from Missouri’s first industry, the Saline Creek Salt Works.  Scale model of the Mississippi River Railroad Transfer Boat "The Ste. Genevieve." Open daily: 9am-11am & 12pm-4pm (April to November) and 12pm-4pm (November to April); Admission is charged. Located at Merchant St & Debourg Square.Read More →

More info as well as pictures of these will follow in other articles/pages, but for now, here is a growing list. City of Ste. Genevieve: Joseph Millard, 1805 – private Vital St. Gemme – private – built about 1798 Pierre Dorlac – private – built about 1790 Bequette-Ribeau – private – built about 1778 by Jean Baptiste St. Gemme de Beauvais (builder of the Amoureaux house) Amoureaux – on tour Green Tree Tavern – abt 1790 Dr. Aaron Elliot – private Louis Ratte Labruyere (also known as Hoffman or Ratte-Hoffman house) – private – 1784 Francois Valle Jr. – private – abt 1784 Francois ValleRead More →