The Amoureux house was built ca. 1792 by Jean Baptiste St. Gemme
Beauvais overlooking le grand champ, the agricultural fields of Ste.
Genevieve. Its upright cedar log walls are set directly in the
earth, in the rare poteaux-en-terre method of construction.
Heavy, hewn timbers form the Norman truss which supports the
steeply-pitched roof, reminiscent of French Canada. Purchased
by Benjamin Amoureux in 1852, the house is now part of the Felix
Valle State Historic Site.
Seasonal opening, admission is charged.
Located on St. Marys Rd.